After sharing some of my recipes on Instagram Stories, I decided to move them to a more permanent place on my blog. Here is my MOST requested recipe: Crispy Garlicky Broccoli.
My 3 year old Agnes LOVES this broccoli too. She’ll eat an adult size portion every time I make it.
It’s delicious. It really does taste like potato chips. AND IT IS HEALTHY! YEAH! It’s pretty simple recipe with a few things you must do to make it. Let’s start.
- Cut this broccoli super super thin. Get a really sharp knife. You are worth having a good one. I got this one for my birthday. I got another one last birthday. I absolutely LOVE these knives if you are looking for a good one. I now bring my own knives when I cook in a different kitchen, because it just makes cooking so much easier for me.
2. You need three ingredients. Get a legit olive oil. Read this article. I like the Aldi Organic brand. I use Kroger Garlic powder. And I cannot recommend this salt enough. I adore the Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt. It is so hard to over salt with it, because the shape of the salt crystal is different that other kosher salts. Also get off that iodized salt (table salt). This recipe’s salt measurement is based on the Crystal Diamond Kosher Salt. If you use a different salt, you are own your own! LOL! I don’t know how to cook with any other salt.
3. Okay this is where you are gonna have to trust me. This recipe calls for a lot more oil, garlic, and salt than what you’re probably used to. And this doesn’t mean it’s not healthy. Good healthy fat is good for you. Also it’s pretty hard to have enough garlic. I want us to redeem how we think about salt. Salt is simply amazing, but it’s become viewed as bad. That’s due to the high sodium content in processed food. If you aren’t eating processed food, you won’t eat more than your daily salt. It’s like something deep inside you that will keep you from oversalting. You simply MUST watch the documentary Salt Fat Acid Heat on Netflix. It has changed the way I cook. Okay so now that you trusted me on the portions, stir it on up.
4. Spread out the broccoli very sparsely on a cooking pan. I use one cookie sheet for one head of broccoli typically. Don’t crowd your broccoli. It won’t crisp up if you crowd it.
I LOVE these stainless steel baking sheets. We have SIX and use them every single day. They don’t have any teflon, priced under $20, super easy to clean and last forever. OH! And we can fit FIVE baking sheets in our oven at one time.
5. Everyone’s oven settings are different. So when you see the instructions, modify it to suit your oven. My oven tends to undercook so we adjust the temp up 10 degrees. Also you will notice this is not bright green broccoli. It’s roasted. Those dark pieces are what taste like potato chips. SO GOOD! You really want to make sure you cook it long enough, but don’t let it burn.
Crispy Garlicky Broccoli
Serves 4 – 6 people as a side dish
Broccoli (2 bags 12 oz. OR four individual heads)
10 T. Olive oil
2 T. Garlic powder
1 T. Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 (adjust if your oven over or under cooks.)
- Cut the Broccoli very thin.
- Season and stir with olive oil, garlic powder and salt
- Spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 25 – 28 minutes. You really want to get most of the pan brown, but not burnt.
Note: There are some affiliate links on this page. I get a small percentage from Amazon when you purchase through my website. I don’t recommend anything that I don’t use myself. I use the money from the links to buy more cooking supplies.
You must log in to post a comment.